Voting Rating:

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Cabinets Reveal

I have been working on Clean Mamas Spring Cleaning Challenge this week. It was specifically focused on Drawers and Cupboards. I didn't get everything done that I would have liked, but I do have a few pictures that I am particularly pleased with.
Our kitchen cabinets are kind of strange in that they are very deep on the left side. (That sounds strange, but I can't think of another way to describe it!) I used these white plastic baskets to make that area look uniform, and to keep things from getting lost in the back in dark corners. I love how it turned out. I labeled each basket, and they function like drawers. I feel like I have some sort of custom feature now!
This is one shelf in our guest bath closet. I used clear, zippered bags like curtains come in. I labeled each one with a different category of toiletries, medicine, or first aid. I really like how it turned out. Stored behind the bags are items we rarely use like a foot bath and ankle brace. I would definitely not want to move all those bags often!
This china cabinet has been full of more of my husband's books until this week. A shelf of them joined the others on the new-to-us bookshelf. That freed up the top shelf for some "prettification."

I only put stuff that I already have. I was afraid that owning a china cabinet would be an excuse to accumulate pretty stuff that I don't really use. As it turns out, everything you see, is stuff that I already had, and all of it gets used regularly. I love that it is now on display, and yet is also functional stuff!

I don't know if you can even see it in the picture, but just in case, I will explain. Obviously, a Ukrainian Easter egg is not functional, but it is pretty! It was a very unique gift from relatives. I love using it for spring decorating!

So, that's a few of the things that I did this week that were picture worthy!


Organizing Junkie

Organize and Decorate Everything

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I like using those bags too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting, Shonda! Those bags are addictive. Someone I know, bought a clearanced curtain, just to get the bag. (And, no, it wasn't me!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job! Great way to use those bags for your medicines etc. I've got a series going on this week on organizing your medicine cabinet, so this is great.
    If you want to just put this link in the comments for the posts (not linky party) that would be great too! Just to show some people how you organized your medicines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure! I'll do that right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Linda for sharing! I used your medicine bag picture on my organizing medicine post too.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for writing! I love to read your comments!